Welcome to my place on the internet. It’s a place I hope makes you comfortable being a little uncomfortable. It’s a place I hope makes you feel like you’re taking something with you. It’s a place I hope entertains you, makes you laugh, and leaves you feeling a little better when you’re through.
Here’s the important stuff you need to know about me.
- I’m in my late 30s and proud to age well and with grace
- I married my high school sweetheart when I was 21
- We have four babies of our own, and we waited a few years after we were married to have our sweet babies
- Our youngest babies are twins
- I’m a writer
- I’m not overly domestic, but I’m a clean freak
- I love to read, travel, sleep, workout, and spend time with the people I love the most, but I’m not a people person
- Gimme all the coffee…until it’s time to pour a glass of sangiovese
- I can’t cook – too much going on at once for me to handle, but I’m an excellent baker
- September – December are the months I live for
- I’m a born and raised Floridian, but summer is my least favorite season and I hate being hot
- I have no patience or tolerance for stupidity
- I’m not wearing a mask, but thank you for asking
the most revolutionary thing a woman can do is not explain herselfGlennon Doyle
A few months before our oldest daughter was born in 2008, my husband and I decided I’d become a stay-at-home mom. I couldn’t miss anything. I wanted to be there. I knew it would be a challenge, and it would be the hardest job I ever did – and the single most important.
Except, it was so easy. Honestly, our daughter slept through the night almost right away, she was easygoing and happy, she napped well throughout the day. I read all the books. I reread all the books. Our house was so clean it sparkled.
I was bored. I began sitting outside on my front porch while she napped writing. I loved writing. I’d always loved writing. It was my passion. I’m not exactly sure how it happened or where it happened, but it was early 2009 and suddenly I was a writer. I was being paid to write blog posts and web content for online websites. Fast forward 12 years, and I never slowed down. I’ve been a content creator, writer, and editor for nearly 12 years, and it is my passion. I love working for myself. I love fostering relationships with my clients – some of whom I’ve been working with since almost day one.
I love it because it’s never the same. It’s never boring. Everyday is different, and everyday is exciting. Most importantly, everyday allows me to be home with my kids. It allows me to make them breakfast (I mean, stand around with a cup of coffee in hand while my husband makes them breakfast. He’s a delightful cook.) I’ve never missed a school performance or class party or practice or game.
I wasn’t born to work for anyone but myself. I need my freedom. I need my own routine and schedule. I’m exceptionally organized and self-motivated, and I thrive on a challenge. It’s who I am.
For content creation inquiries, send an email to email@example.com
being happy is a very personal thing and it really has nothing to do with anyone elsesomeone wise
the price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for ithenry david thoreau