Healthy 5-Minute Edamame Recipe Perfect for Snacking or as A Side Dish

2

Better late than never, right? I promised this recipe post two days ago, but I’m slacking this week. Seriously, back to school is amazing, but being part of the PTA for the first time is really a learning curve for me. I didn’t realize how many man hours it takes. I’m enjoying it – I like doing things that aid in the education for my children…and I really like being near them – but I’m also learning to cope with another obligation.

So far it’s meant working earlier in the mornings, later in the evenings, and readjusting my schedule as needed, but it’s been good. And that’s why the blog is taking a back seat these days. Time, baby…it’s of the essence right now.

In an effort to be quite transparent, I am not a good cook. My husband is a good cook. He keeps us alive, but I can do a few simple things. One thing I do really well is eat healthy. I can pick a good, healthy receipt and pin it like no one’s business for my husband to later recreate.

And I can make a really killer edamame dish.

1

What You Need

1 package whole edamame pods

EVOO

A Ziploc bag

¼ cup plain Panko bread crumbs

¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese

1 clove garlic

Your favorite wine

I promise this is so easy it’s not even funny.

The Steps

Pour a glass of wine into the appropriate wine glass. Lift it with one hand, and sip. Repeat as needed.

Put your edamame in a Ziploc bag and add just a drop of water. Now close the bag 95% leaving 5% of the bag unsealed. Put it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove it, and set it to the side.

Cut your garlic into small pieces. Put it in a pan, add a few drizzles of olive oil. Don’t coat the pan, but don’t be too conservative with it. Let the garlic simmer just a bit – JUST A BIT. When it burns, it’s disgusting and you’ll want to start all over.

Sip your wine.

3

When the garlic is simmering just a bit, add the edamame to the pan and mix it all together. Turn down the heat from medium to simmer and let it sit for a minute or two.

Transfer your edamame into a bowl, add your parmesan and your Panko, mix it together – and serve – and sip some more wine.

I told you it’s easy.

Sip.

And amazing.

And you’re welcome.

4

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s