August has me doing my happy dance (complete with zero rhythm and not a care). August, to me, is the almost-but-not-quite-but-so-close to the beginning of all the best things in life.
- The kids go back to school next week (Hallelujah!)
- It’s almost September – my birth month
- Gator football is just a few weeks away
- The kids go back to school next week
- It’s almost fall (is it ironic I love fall the most considering we Floridians haven’t one, ever?)
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Beginning September 1st I lovingly decorate our home for fall and begin celebrating the four most spectacular months of the year – the months I live for. The other 8 are basically pointless black holes of time in which there is no pumpkin anything anywhere.
Anyway, this year is (as always) flying by. And that means I’m checking myself and my goals for the New Year…which is so long ago now! I’m impressed with myself and how well I’ve managed to do the things I said I was going to do this year. Specifically, I’m proud of how well I’ve adapted to trying new things. Going outside my comfort zone, if you will.
As a creature of intense habit – my weekdays are basically Groundhog Day the reality…and I LOVE it – I tend to pick my favorite beauty products and stick with them. Being that I’m turning 34 next month, my skincare needs are changing. And I was forced to adapt.
Do you see how I gave myself credit there for totally going outside my comfort zone and trying new things when in reality I had zero choice because my skin kicked me in the ass and gave me no other option? I’m still taking the credit, mmmkay?
This summer I’ve tried a few new products (note: new to my beauty routine; not new products) and I’ve fallen in love with some, tossed a few others to the side, and let my kids have all the fun in the world with others, and I thought I’d share a few of the new things I tried every time I placed a Sephora order – which, contrary to what my husband believes, is not every other day – and fell in love with this summer in a beauty round-up.
1. Boscia Sponge – It’s the perfect daily exfoliant without actually harming my skin and making it seem dry or irritated. I use it with my Clinque Pep Start 2-1 exfoliating cleanser for just a little extra, and it’s perfect!
2. Belif Aqua Bomb – Dry skin is such a summer problem for me, and this is the perfect moisturizer to use overnight. I apply it after my evening shower and my skin is so much smoother and better moisturized immediately.
3. Clinique Pep Start Sampler Kit – I use the regular size at home, but this is the PERFECT travel set! I keep it in my travel bag so my skin is always happy when we aren’t home.
4. Dior Diorshow Maximizer – I’ve been a strict Diorshow mascara user for more than a decade now, but I’d never tried this. Let me just say – LOVE. I love the way my lashes look!
5. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores – Pores. Yuck. Mine are huge, and this has been a lifesaver this summer as I swear they grow with the humidity!
Do you ladies have any must-have recommendations for me to try before summer is over – or leading into fall?